WATCH CIC, in partnership with Somerset Skills & Learning, are delivering a series of free Learning Peer Support Courses.
Would you like to know more about the value of Peer Support?
The courses will give you the opportunity to learn how to access and participate in local learning activities with like-minded people, as part of a supportive group. Delegates will:
- Understand the value of peer support
- Learn Tools to enable active participation in learning activities that support self management and recovery from mental health conditions
- Recognise the benefits in peer support learning activities: reducing feelings of isolation, improving confidence and independence, milestone setting, progression & achievement, moving on into further learning, voluntary work and job prospects.
- Learn how to form and maintain a Learning Peer Support group in your local community and progress to mentoring and supporting your peers.
- Build confidence in working to your overall goals, in your own way
The courses are FREE to adults who wish to support their mental wellbeing by engaging in learning, they are taking place on the following dates, times, and locations:
Thursday 18th, 25th January and 8th, 15th February, 1.00pm to 3.30pm St James Church Hall, Taunton (TA1 1JS)
Tuesday 27th February, 6th, 13th & 20th March, 11.00am to 1.30pm, Archie Gooch Pavilion, Ilminster (TA19 9DH)
Friday 13th, 20th, 27th April and 4th May , 11.00am to 1.30pm Henhayes Centre, Crewkerne (TA18 8DA)
For further information and a booking form, please contact email@example.com or phone Ruth on 07472756203.