Grants available to support projects to improve mental health and wellbeing in Somerset
Open Mental Health Community Grants are being delivered by the Somerset Mental Health Alliance and administered by Spark Somerset.
The Mental Health Alliance is a group of charities working alongside the NHS to ensure that people in Somerset get the support they need, when they need it. We recently launched the new Open Mental Health service, and are now looking to expand the provision of support in Somerset by inviting local organisations to apply for a grant.
What we will fund:
We want to fund projects that demonstrate they can have a positive impact on the mental health and wellbeing of people in Somerset, and meet the ambitions of the alliance, which are to:
- Develop and expand mental health provision in Somerset
- Demonstrate a positive impact on mental wellbeing
- Encourage partnership and collaborative working
Your project must meet the following criteria:
- Your project must be Somerset-based
- Your project should be aimed at adults aged over 18 years
- Primary bidder must be a voluntary sector organisation, such as a charity, CIC, unincorporated group or social enterprise
- Local groups/individuals who are not constituted can apply, subject to appropriate governance being in place*
- Your project must start within 12 months
You can apply for a grant to cover capital and revenue costs, and we welcome partnership bids.
How much is available?
Grants of up to £15,000 are available. If your project requires more than £15,000 please contact us to discuss how we could support you.
How to apply:
Applications for grants of £2,000 and over will need to be submitted by the published deadlines which can be found below. These will be assessed by a panel and applicants will be notified of the outcome within 14 days of the panel date.
5pm, Monday 18th January 2021.