We're recruiting a volunteer Treasurer
It's an exciting opportunity to play a key role in leading a dynamic organisation that's working to strengthen the voluntary sector and support community health and wellbeing in Somerset.
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are in place, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
We would love to hear from you if you have knowledge of:
- Financial accounting and reporting procedures
- Strategic financial planning skills
- An ability to communicate financial information clearly
We are also looking for someone with:
- Commitment to the organisation.
- Integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as Treasurer
- Ability to take decisions for the good of the organisation
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a Trustee
As an infrastructure charity, we support the voluntary sector across Somerset, run the Volunteer Service and have an important representative role as 'Voice of the Sector'. By joining us, you'll play an key role in supporting a wide range of VCSE organisations across the county. It's a great opportunity to use and develop your skills, learn about the management and strategy side of charities, work with new and interesting people, and enhance your CV.
If you're an experienced financial professional looking to use your skills and experience to give something back to your community, we'd love to hear from you! Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.